NAPO WILDLIFE CENTER
About Napo Wildlife Center
The Napo Wildlife Center is the greatest alternative luxury ecolodge in Amazonian Ecuador. This ecotourism project includes the conservation of approximately over 82 square miles (53,500 acres – over 21,400 hectares) of the most pristine Amazon Rain Forest within the Yasunì National Park, an important Biosphere Reserve and the largest tract of tropical rain forest in Ecuador. The Napo Wildlife Center Lodge is located by the Añangucocha Lake, into the unique ancestral territory of the Añangu Kichwa Community and thanks to their own initiative and supported by the Tropical Nature Conservation System they manage this tourism project by themselves providing incomes to help their local families.
With 12 ample and comfortable standard cabins and 8 suites, the lodge accommodates up to 50 people, distributed in suites, doubles and triple rooms. Our fully equipped cabins feature electricity, security box, ventilation, hot water, private bathroom, a balcony surrounded by beautifully groomed natural gardens, and more.
In order to satisfy current demand from our passengers for accommodation with all major comforts and luxury, especially for couples including honeymooners, NWC took the decision to build eight exclusive suites.
- Visit “Kuri Muyu” Center to learn about the Kichwa Añangu community traditions and culture of the Napo Wildlife Center hosts.
- Easy and medium intensity walks and hikes in order to spot wildlife and nature of the area; more difficult hikes and longer programs can be arranged.
- Forest trails offers a great variety of wildlife such as insects, spiders, amphibians, birds, reptiles and mammals.
- Canopy tower of 36 meters gets a close up view of the jungle and its diverse flora and fauna. It was built just next to a huge tree.
- Canoe riding explore the black waters of the Añangu Lake and the Napo River creeks on board of a motorized or paddle-canoe in the river, hundreds of different aquatic animals such as fish, caimans, turtles, piranhas and giant otters could be found.
- Parrot clay licks are the most stunning nature spectacles to see in the Amazonia. These are natural banks containing great amount of minerals that birds and different animals feed up with.
- Birding more than 610 bird species inventoried within the Yasuni National Park, give the visitors the best experience in bird watching, an unforgettable adventure in the most biodiverse place on earth.
NAPO WILDLIFE CENTER
Use the form below to fill in your NAPO WILDLIFE CENTER interests. An advisor of Responsible Travel will get in touch with you via email and/or phone with guidance and deals.
“Napo Wildlife Center is definitely the place to go. We had the most incredible 5 days”
“Our guides were absolutely great. They were extremely knowledgeable of the jungle flora and fauna and were great “teachers”. They made the experience very interesting and educational. We learned so much about the indigenous tribal cultures, the birds, snakes, monkeys, animals, insects, fresh water dolphins, fish, etc.”
“The rooms are amazing. Really cute huts with hammocks and super comfortable beds with mosquito nets. The activities are awesome as well including night jungle walk, boat tours hunting for crocodiles, and piraña fishing. I never wanted to leave. Everything about this place is so amazing, you have to go!”